Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Who is Ardagh Group?
We are a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence operating more than 100 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
Under the direction of the Plant QA Manager (or designate); this position will function as a QA Lead that oversees the daily quality assurance activities of the plant. This position performs a wide variety of tasks ranging from conducting QA tests to acting as the plant QA representative in the absence of the QA Manager. The position supports continuous improvement activities, quality incident investigations, trouble shooting, data collection/review/analysis, and any other activities as assigned by the plant QA Manager.
- Comply with safety policies and practices while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Assist with the HFI process to include documentation, production accounting, disposition, rework activities, AQL or sampling, and the HFI areas
- Perform daily quality records review as the third level of the continuous verification process as required.
- Shall be competent and shall have appropriate education, training, skills and experience. They shall be fully conversant in Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle and Food Safety Standard and Application.
- Maintain quality function documentation such as forms, instructions, and training guides, as well as, the records for Product Safety & GMP compliance in accordance with record retention policies & requirements.
- Maintain plant calibration system.
- Attain proficiency and qualification in all quality testing.
- Support external certification initiatives, such as BRC, through the creation, implementation, and verification of procedures and HACCP pre-requisite programs.
- Perform incoming material inspections and verifications.
- Support SMA’s through data collection and organization.
- Support product and equipment commissioning activities.
- Establish and maintain 5S and a high level of housekeeping standards.
- Support Plant and Corporate projects.
- Provide training as required to Quality Technicians.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma with 2 years manufacturing experience in a QA role
- Demonstrated ability in administering and leading QA activities
- Experience in understanding and executing quality policies, systems and procedure
- Experience with can-making quality and inspection systems
- Working knowledge of SPC
- Working knowledge of quality auditing
- Experience with SAP
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent Technical School Degree/Certification (perferred)
- Experience with can-making quality and inspection systems (preferred)
- Working knowledge of SPC (preferred)
- Working knowledge of quality auditing (preferred)
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing experience (preferred)
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance