Monro, Inc. is one of the nation's largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry-Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we're currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro - Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America's leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We're looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! - Your career is here.
Job Summary: The Category Analyst is responsible for working with complex data sets to help the core business drive leadership in areas of Product Screen Management, Retail Pricing Strategies, Product Assortment Placement and Promotional ROI. This position performs an analytical conversion role requiring collection, standardization and interpretation of multiple data sources to recommend actionable insights in order to correct negative trends and maximize opportunities across Monro's Service category.
* Assess data from a variety of sources to derive insights into strategies to enable mix-up, trade-up, bundling and ticket expansion in the tire category
* Assist the Category Managers with assortment planning across all Tire / Service locations, ensuring the right tire, at the right time, price and place
* Analyze competitor pricing, assess market share, identify consumer/industry trends and purchase drivers to recommend ways to deliver relevant products for Monro's guests
* Utilize a variety of statistical modeling methods to prepare reports that show the potential impact of various pricing strategies, including their effect on margins and costs and how they will impact profitability and sales volume
* Monitor, collect and interpret market trends within the tire industry to develop strategies that take advantage of untapped market segments and help Monro gain market share in new avenues; Present findings to Category team, Marketing team, and other internal groups through weekly or monthly meetings, and roll-out and/or lead implementation of resulting action plans
* Implement routine timely updates and verification to approved category model changes including their related components (item masters, web site listings, region definitions, vendor requirements, etc.)
* Collaborate with tire purchasing, Store Operations, and Sales and Marketing teams as the subject matter expert in tire category analytics to provide related support
* Performs other duties as assigned
The Category Analyst is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the direction of the Category Manager.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related field and a minimum 3 years tire and automotive service industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
* Strong organizational skills needed to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet established deadlines, with the ability to change focus quickly to meet business needs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills with the ability to interact with multiple levels of the organization and team members
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting
* Take initiative in identifying problems, utilize critical and creative thinking skills, collect data, and establish facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret business needs into tire category and industry related data
* Strong background in analytics and proficient in compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data for making and presenting insightful recommendations while remaining open to constructive criticism
* Attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
* Strong customer focus
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
* Paid vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
At Monro we're committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Automotive Industry
- Business Requirements