Our client located in Carrolton, Texas has an immediate need for a Senior Commissions Accountant. The Senior Commissions Accountant ensures all facility commission payments are processed accurately and timely. Responsible for all aspects of preparing facility commission payments and reporting.
Essential Duties of the Senior Commissions Accountant:
* Update commissions system, process commission and contract incentive payments in accordance with contractual terms and record to general ledger.
* Maintain a Contract tracking spreadsheet of annual payments and future rate changes needed.
* Maintain a manual tracking of flat and minimum payment customers
* Maintain a manual tracing of video visitation customers with future rate changes (multi- site customers)
* Provide monthly calculation of IPRO and LBS to create invoices and deductions
* Prepare monthly revenue reconciliation worksheets and responsible for obtaining sign-off from Management
* Monthly calculation of Mandatory fees customer payouts
* Reconcile all commission-related accounts including but not limited to Accrued Commission, Prepaid Expense - Commission and A/R Commission Deduction Long Term Prepaid. Ensure commissions system and general ledger tie out monthly.
* Prepare monthly reconciliation of actual payments versus calculated commission's log, and provide variance explanation.
* Prepare all commission related Journal entries.
* Maintain address updates and new vendor setups in Commissions company
* Ensure all commission deductions are accurate and processed before commission payments are issued.
* Prepare complex commission payment calculations and reporting
* Analyze commission expense trends as a percentage of revenue to ensure the accounting follows proper GAAP guidelines.
* Serve as a liaison with other departments, including but not limited to the Executive Team, Sales, and Legal.
* Research and respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
* Create check requests in Doclink for annual payments, tech grants, and commission true-ups.
* Submit wire requests in Doclink for monthly Commissions paid via ACH.
* Test system changes as they relate to Comm 2.0.
* Ad hoc reporting and additional duties as assigned
Skills of the Senior Commissions Accountant:
* Proficient in Microsoft office, general ledger, accounts payable and web-based software, with a strong emphasis on advanced Excel skills including v-look-up and formulas.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Must be detail-oriented and highly accurate
* Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
* Great Plains software a MUST
Qualifications of the Senior Commissions Accountant:
* BA/BS degree in Accounting or other business-related degree with emphasis on accounting
* 3+ of recent experience in Accounting. research, analysis, and processing.
* 3+ years accounting experience in commissions, royalties or contract-driven environment
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 69516 when responding to this ad.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles