Flex-N-Gate is looking for production associates. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC, a division of Flex-N-Gate, is currently seeking a 3rd shift Quality Team Leader. Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC manufactures and assembles automotive lighting components.
The Quality Team Leader is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with day-to day operations and carrying out the Supervisor/Manager’s instructions and supervisory responsibilities when leading department without direct supervision. The Quality Team Leader is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the business unit. The Quality Team Leader works to ensure customer requirements are met while ensuring the Company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws are followed. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and supporting manufacturing by identifying quality concerns and direction.
Note: Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Coordinates the activities of department staff. Responsible to ensure new associates are properly trained. Ensure that all associates are working together in an effective and cooperative manner to complete job requirements as quickly and completely as possible per work instructions and standard work. Must be cross-trained as a competent back up for all jobs within the department.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels. Schedule staff to cover necessary department needs. Verify the implementation of solutions when directed to do so.
- Ensure all work is performed following company procedures and policies. Must also communicate effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude throughout the workday.
- Must be flexible for change, be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Discusses work-place issues with management staff / co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive results. Initiate, recommend, or provide documentation to assist in associate discipline, when needed. Communicates issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift.
- Complete reports for all safety issues, work place injuries, and environmental incidents immediately upon notification. Work with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Responsible for maintaining standards as they relate to housekeeping in your assigned work area. Maintains compliance to company policies, work rules, safety & housekeeping standards.
- Follow ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per the standard.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. QUALITY EXPERIENCE
Previous Quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Preferred skill set includes:
- Implementing standardized work
- Piece approval
- Conducts Gauge R&R’s
- Supports Quality Audits
- Statistical Process Control charting & Analysis
- Uses Precision Gauges; calipers, height stress, Rockwell, gloss meter, dial indicator, etc.
- Internal auditing for quality
- Communication of quality alerts to co-workers
- Participation in quality system meetings
- Participates and initiates problem solving and continuous improvement
- Follows help chain of command as needed
- Ability to read, interpret documents; safety alerts, control plans, work instructions, labels, Safety Data Sheets
High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous leadership experience preferred. Basic computer skills required. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standardized procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is will be required to walk at least 50% of employee’s workday. The employee is required to frequently walk, stand, and reach with hands and arms and move and lift gauges. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. SKILLS TEST
Writing and/or skill assessment may be administered
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Relocation assistance
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.