Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to be part of the TFDM SMGT SW team. The Software engineer will be responsible for Sky Data Sentry for a dynamic team working on the development of an air traffic control and management system that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include:
• Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data (EFD);
• Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
• TFDM will share data among controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Responsible for managing the Sky Data Sentry system.
• Investigate and implement Software fixes for Problem Trouble Report (PTR).
• Work on High Level Design (HLD) and SW implementation of SIG/CR authorized by the customer.
• Identify and assess potential improvement for Sky Data Sentry application.
• Reviewing and ensuring the quality of software engineering deliverables and work products across the team.
• Support the customer with Direct Reports (DR)
• Requires Bachelors of Science and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, ILE)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• C++ skills
• Experience using Atlassian tool set like Bamboo, Crucible, JIRA etc.
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
tsfaaExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range:
Complex Problem Solving
C++ (Programming Language)