Tool and Die Maker
2nd Shift Monday through Friday 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm Pay DOE Job Title Tool and Die Maker Job # US11219 Requisition Type Regular Function Manufacturing State/Province Texas City Denison Region US Posting Start Date Aug-28-2019 Division Information
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Develops, constructs and alters molds and die sets for die casting and progressive stamping plus a wide variety of jigs, fixtures and gauges. Performs assignments that range from the use of ordinary tool room operational duties including working within tight tolerances of +/- .0002. Accountable for quantity and quality of workmanship
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (10%) Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
- (5%) Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat-treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
- (85%) Builds die from complex set of blueprints and builds jigs and fixtures from sketches, part drawings or verbal instructions.
Education and Experience Profile
- (20%) Disassembles and reassembles all types of progressive dies and die cast molds for routine maintenance or repairs.
- (70%) Repairs tools and dies by identifying and correcting problems. Analyzes and troubleshoots progressive dies, assesses problems and repairs accordingly.
- (5%) Provides support to production area by problem-solving and building tools.
- (5%) May instruct Tool Room Apprentices and Machinists.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completed Apprenticeship or Machining Technologies course completion or equivalent experience required.