The Audit Division is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. Audit assists operational management with analysis of their operations from a compliance, controls and risk management viewpoint.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, industrial, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Detailed knowledge in the following areas is necessary: air permits (pti, pto), title v determination, compliance reports, sara reporting, hazardous waste regulations, ust registration, and water permits (pretreat, npdes, stormwater).
- Knowledge of ISO 14001standards is necessary and a working knowledge of Canadian and Mexican environmental regulations is a significant plus
- Professional certification is preferred
- 6 to 10 years of professional work experience with a large or medium sized international company involved with complex manufacturing operations (automotive experience is a significant plus)
- Extensive experience with applicable environmental laws and regulations at the North American, National/Federal and Provincial/State level as they pertain to air emissions, waste water treatment, solid waste, storm water and hazardous materials
- Working knowledge and experience with 14001 standards (required)
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve conflict
- Proficient presentation skills
- High proficiency in MS Office products and internet research capabilities
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and collaborate with various levels of operating management in a complex manufacturing environment to identify and countermeasure actual or potential environmental risks
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.