Since 1927, Davis Wire Corporation has built a reputation for dependability and quality. As the largest wire manufacturer in the western United States, our impressive range of products are used in a wide variety of fields, including agriculture, construction, transportation, communications and industrial applications. The foundations of our business are galvanized and reinforcement wire, though we also produce an assortment of specialty wires to fit almost any need. Our entire line is always supported by our committed customer service.
Our manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator- Wire Drawing. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a fast-paced and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety.
Broad Functions and Objectives:
Use basic processes to set up, adjust, and operate assigned machines and auxiliary equipment to produce wire and wire products.
- Read, understand and follow production schedule. Interpret and follow basic written instructions, drawings, and documents
- Perform setups on assigned machine(s)
- Detect and report faulty processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintains standard housekeeping standards
- Observes all safety rules including reporting of all industrial accidents and any unsafe conditions.
- Check with lead person at beginning of shift to determine the production schedule
- Set-up and maintain wire drawing machines according to production schedule and quality standards – making minor adjustments as necessary
- Load rod coils on to drawing machine payoffs.
- Operator and run machine to produce a finished product.
- Perform quality inspections on regular basis throughout shift.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Basic understanding of production and machine operation
- Ability to use tools and precision equipment
- Ability to perform physical work, including lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent use of arms and legs, and climbing.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record
- Must have machine experience.
- Must be able to work/communicate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts
- Must be able to work in cold/hot temperature
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. or more
Perks and Benefits:
• Company contributes $980 monthly toward employee and dependent health and welfare
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Incentivized bonus pay (up to $4/hour additional)
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays (company pays 9 holidays per year)
• Pension (company makes monthly contributions to employee retirement)
• Life Insurance ($25,000 group term life insurance)
Employee who pass 90-day probation, will earn a Signing Bonus of $500
This is a union position. New hires are required to pay a union initiation fee to the local union. Upon passing probation, new hires will join the union and will be required to pay monthly union dues
Davis Wire is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Davis Wire Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Davis Wire Corporation.
Recruiters and agencies, please do not contact Davis Wire about this position.
- Attention To Detail
- Electrical Wirings
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Hardworking And Dedicated