INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Chicago, IL
Dynamic company seeks Inside Sales Representative to embark on a successful career in our Chicago, IL branch. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 90,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours. RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Communicate with Outside Sales Representatives regarding sales generated
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships through consistent and reliable communication
- Input the sales data accurately into Ram Tool's inventory management computer software system, SAP
- Generate add-on sales by anticipating other products that a customer may need but has not ordered yet
- Process quotes, credits, and returns for customers by creating various orders in SAP or Microsoft Excel
- Source materials Ram Tool does not keep in stock
- Work with other branches to generate transfers for out-of-stock materials
- Assist walk in customers in the branch showroom
- Degree is preferred (although additional industry experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 1 -2 years work experience (preferably in construction supply sales)
For a more detailed job description click here.
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have the capability to operate SAP and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- SAP experience is a plus, willingness to learn and use SAP is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Must perform work accurately and with a sense of urgency and integrity
* Standard Drug screen, Driving Record and Background Checks will be performed.RAM TOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Achieve Sales Quotas
Implementing Sales Strategies
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req1192
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Ram Tool Construction Supply Co. is a service company for general contractors, subcontractors, and all other buyers of construction supplies who value getting the job done efficiently. We do whatever it takes to make sure crews have what they need, when they need it. We put customers in direct contact with well-equipped, well-informed, 'can-do' people, who they can count on to respond to the chaos and unforeseeable challenges encountered on a job site throughout the lifecycle of the job.
View the full profile
Since 1967, Ram Tool has worked to continually provide our customers with service that is unparalleled in our industry. Within hours of calling one of our highly trained team members, our customers' orders are delivered to the job site.
With more than $32 million in inventory, over 260 delivery vehicles, and more than 800,000 square feet of warehouse space throughout the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Texas, Ram Tool is a one stop shop for all construction supply needs.