Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
PURPOSE: This position consists of coordinating and analyzing compliance with strategic and tactical roadmaps developed by senior management. Successful candidate will engage project-based initiatives and drive these projects to completion, along with delivering continuous improvement training and activities throughout the organization. This includes responsibility for supporting the promotion and adoption of Continuous Improvement initiatives and serving as a Subject Matter Expert. The Continuous Improvement Specialist shall be a self-directed leader with exceptional organizational skills tasked with the integration of a continuous improvement culture into the Lincoln Electric Company. This will be done by creating a teaching and mentoring environment with a focus on problem solving to drive improvements in the organization’s safety, quality, operational performance, customer satisfaction, and overall financial health of the company.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Leverage/benchmark best practices and drive consistence implementation across the organization.
- Drive measurable improvements in process flow by identifying opportunities to remove waste, simplify processes, while driving optimization and cost efficiencies.
- Function as a resource for continuous improvement methodologies, through the facilitation and use of Lean tools, techniques, and methodologies in all levels and aspects of the business.
- Prepare and manage follow-up activities ensuring sustainment.
- Guide and challenge cross-functional teams in development and execution continuous improvement activities to reduce cycle time, inventory, and waste while improving process performance, quality, cost, and standardizing the processes.
- Leads in the development of methods and better practices to reduce process variation and supports in the development of new processes and products.
- Facilitate and communicate all supervised activities to all levels of the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend refinement to the effectiveness of overall business management systems, continuous improvement infrastructures, and management processes to implement the long term strategic goals of the company.
- Interact with colleagues, functional leaders, and other departments to ensure that strategic objectives are considered in ongoing projects to achieve identified goals.
- Ensure continuous improvement training, tools, better practices, and resources are available to associates at all levels and are being utilized appropriately and effectively.
- Provide appropriate monthly reporting on continuous improvement initiatives and metrics.
- Ability to challenge status quo and comfortable with managing ambiguity.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Sciences (i.e. Physics. Etc). Operations Management or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum of 3 to 8+ years of Operations experience which includes a background with designing, building, and deploying processes that drive Continuous Improvement practices, quality improvements, process optimization, waste elimination, and cost reduction.
- Pay Grade dependent on experience level
- Prior experience in continuous improvement methods, strategic and tactical management, successful project management, and the ability to have fun while deploying culture changing tools.
- Prior work experience in different operational roles to ensure the successful candidate sees linkages between functions, impact of decisions downstream, and how multiple functions work within a value stream.
- Strong interpersonal skills in listening, consensus building, presenting, training, and facilitation.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, to motivate and inspire operational excellence at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Excellent organizational skills to handle a constantly changing set of priorities.
- Manage multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Ability to analyze problems/opportunities for efficiencies, makes recommendations, and drive improvement
- May require limited weekend and evening hours with minimal travel
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Quality Assurance/Control
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Continuous Improvement Process
Six Sigma Methodology
Business Process Improvement