To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7601 Northwest 107th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Exide Technologies • Kansas City, MO
Posted 4 days ago
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Above average compensation – Starting at $17.99- $19.99 annual performance reviews with opportunities for wage increases.
- Great benefits – Including health, pharmacy, dental, vision, company paid short-term disability, company paid life insurance and AD&D, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting, other voluntary insurance options available.
- Excellent location – This plant is located close to the airport and within the suburbs of Kansas City, so you won’t have to worry about commuting to the downtown area.
- Advancement and growth – With 6 manufacturing facilities in the US, there are always opportunities to move up or around within the company.
- Products that make a difference – From the ocean depths to the top of Mount Everest and even on the moon, Exide batteries have been helping power the world forward for 130 years.
The position is responsible for admin & clerical support to the Materials Department business processes and functions. Includes all aspects of materials management including but not limited to; inventory control, shipping/receiving of products and materials, scheduling transportation for outbound shipments, parts packing, & distribution of materials to production departments.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure shipments are properly loaded and meet all DOT and EPA requirements to include handling of hazardous waste.
• Communicate with corporate transportation agents to maintain OTD and complete customer satisfaction.
• Contact all customer, carrier, or other outside businesses in a timely manner
• Recognize, recommend compliance procedures, and enforce safety and EPA issues
• Ensuring all paperwork and related reports are completed accurately & in a timely manner
• Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities, model Lean Manufacturing principles and attend meetings as needed
• Audit all areas of responsibility to ensure that procedures and processes are being followed
• Regular attendance and timeliness is required in order to give sufficient support to the department as well as the plant-wide team
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is occasionally required to vary their schedules times and shifts
• Generate and distribute various reports.
• Loading and unloading trailers
• Putting inventory away by using a RFI scanner
• Loading trucks properly to be sent out to one of our Exide plants.
• Perform cycle counts of inventory in rack locations
• Manage and count inventory on the floor (pallets) for proper min/max ordering for restock
• Be able to manage all of the shipping/receiving duties in the JDE system
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent and one to three years of shipping/receiving or related experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Experience working with an JDE system
Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to give and share information to and with co-workers, customers, vendors and production management
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical manuals.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure and common technical manuals, and purchase orders.
• Ability to calculate percentages and ratios; solve simple algebraic formulas.
• Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions on the work that needs to be performed.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Certificates and Licenses
• Hazmat certification.
Other Categories as Required
• Good organization/administrative and time management skills
• Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• High energy, self-motivated, ability to be successful without direct instruction
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear
• While performing the duties of this job the individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Ability to occasionally lift a minimum 25 lbs. and 26 to 150 lbs. with assistance of equipment
• Regular use of safety glasses and steel toed shoes. Limited use of respirator. Vision requirements; close vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
• Individual occasionally exposed to precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock
• Noise level is minimal to loud
• Regularly working in a lead contaminated area and must wear a uniform and safety shoes in that area to prevent the tracking and / or possible lead contamination of other clean areas or outside or the regulated areas
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.