At Emory Healthcare
, our mission is to create and promote a culture that supports the growth and development of APPs and in collaboration with the health care team, provide high-quality value-based care to patients and the community.
Our vision is to be recognized as the leading office of Advanced Practice differentiated by exemplary patient care, education, research and quality evidence-based outcomes.
Our Advanced Practice Providers, such as Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Certified Midwives, Certified Nurse Anesthetist and Anesthesia Anesthetists are an integral part of the Emory Healthcare integrated academic health care system committed to caring, excellence, integrity and value.
Some highlights of joining the Emory Healthcare team:
- Emory University Hospital named Top 100 Global Hospital*
- An 11-hospital system with 254 outpatient locations and close to 1000 APPs
- Rewarded with highly competitive incentive and benefit package
- A strong multidisciplinary collaborative health care team that values shared decision making
- Academic health care setting that partners closely with Emory School of Medicine and School of Nursing
- Represented by a culture of APPs involved in APP and system leadership, research, education and mentorship
Description Emory University Hospital is hiring Acute Care Nurse Practitioners for expansion in the ICU. Prior Critical Care experience is highly desired. Candidates must have their ACNP or AGACNP certification. This is a Nocturnist ICU Shift. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Documents the delivery of care in the individual's medical records.
- Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories, psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or potential problems.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs physical examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures including cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes.
- Assists physician in diagnosing medical problems, developing care plans, and prescribing treatment.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood tests, and x-rays.
- Communicates necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to patient.
- In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations with or referrals to other medical professional or community services.
- Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or health problems.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development. Attends educational in-services as appropriate. Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Maintains and updates current, accurate patient records including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
- Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement appropriate care patient care plans.
- Prepares statistical reports and analyses of research projects and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Trains and teaches other health care professionals including students and residents in techniques and procedures unique to specific setting.
- Actively participates on organizational health services committees.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant program.
- Currently licensed as an advanced practice nurse in the state of Georgia by the Georgia Board of Nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or equivalent body, or Certified as a Physician's Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Licensed as appropriate in the state of Georgia.
- May require at least one year of direct experience in one or more high acuity clinical specialties.
- BLS and Healthcare Provider certifications required. ACLS may be required in some areas.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Health Care
- Basic Life Support
- Health Facilities
- Medical Records