To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Annapolis, MD 21401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • Annapolis, MD
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's Annapolis, Maryland (MD) aerospace and defense client is looking for a Technical Writer for a six-month contract-to-hire position. Local Candidates are preferred. Responsibilities:
- The contract employee will provide support on the Metro-North Railroad (MNR) documentation effort, MBTA, NJT, and other Rail projects; An estimated 20% of the leased employee's time will be allotted to the creation of ALM training material
- Candidate must be a power user of market software, and Microsoft office applications
- Candidate must be a team player and be willing to take the initiative to jump into projects and be a contributor to the team
- Develop a working knowledge of products and services in the Rail and Security markets
- Develop, update, and review technical system documentation, for example end user manuals, system administration manuals, and software programmer reference manuals
- Manage document storage and revision
- Conduct system training at customer sites
- Develop training syllabus and training materials; work with engineering staff to develop course content
- Typical Travel is less than 20% (to customer sites for system application training)
- Must include: Microsoft Office Suite, MadCap Flare, Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, IBM Rational DOORS, Virtual Machines, Linux Operating Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Information Technology, or other technical area
- Five to ten (5-10) years of experience as a technical writer and trainer on large, complex, integrated systems
- Five to ten (5-10) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience developing software documentation manuals
- Experience preparing training material, conducting courses and creating computer-based training
- Familiarity with MadCap Flare and SharePoint
- IBM Rational DOORS experience is highly desired
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Atlassian tool suite preferred
- Familiarity with Camtasia and/or Adobe Captivate