The Assistant General Manager will oversee operations functions to ensure quality work is provided to the customer and assist the general manager with daily tasks including supervisory functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oversee operations department including scheduling, sufficient materials are available, and assign trips to drivers
- Order materials as needed in order for subordinates to complete their jobs efficiently
- Train new associates and road test new drivers
- Provide customer service to ensure quality service
- Input incentive payroll into system
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Able to operate a forklift safely
- Knowledge of company systems
- Able to operate any vehicle in order to complete a job or if a problem arises as necessary
- Good people skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Required: High School diploma or GED
- Required: Previous managerial experience
- Preferred: Previous logistics and transportation experience
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!
- Mainly work indoors, work outdoors may be required from time to time
- Sitting for long periods of time while indoors
- Lifting at least 40 lbs
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R3981
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1914, J.M. Coleman founded the company in Hutchinson, KS under the name Merchants Transfer and Storage. He began with four dray wagons, eight horses and a desire for success. Success, then as now, meant service, as our early advertisements attested: "Courteous men at your service night and day." Over the past century, our company has undergone many changes that have forged our company into a strong and dependable force in the moving and storage industry. Today we have over 50 company owned offices in 17 states and one U.S. territory, and more than 400 agents throughout the world. Covan operates over 200 interstate operating units with another 600 units utilized for local and short haul activity. In 1914, this company was family-owned and built on excellent service, dependability and trust. Today, Covan is a family-owned corporation that is driven by providing the same level of service, dependability and trust in which it was founded over a century ago
View the full profile