At Central Garden & Pet, our mission is to lead the future of the Garden and Pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. We are building and growing brands that consumers love and rely heavily on Innovation to bring them to life. As a result, our Garden Segment is hiring a Senior Brand Manager of Innovation to support business units headquartered in Atlanta. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Innovation, Garden, this role is critical to delivering impactful and disruptive innovations to the Lawn & Garden category.
We are building something here at Central Garden & Pet. This role will be critical to that. We are building an even stronger Marketing organization. We are building stronger brands. We will fuel that brand growth in large part due to innovation with new products as the flagship of that approach. To do that, we will build once more. This time, it is about building up our innovation capabilities.
This position will be responsible for
- Leading strategic projects from idea generation to commercialization
- Guiding Innovation Strategy for assigned products segments and brands
- Pursuing growth projects focused on the consumer & customer experience
- Partnership with Senior Director of Innovation and other leaders to strengthen our innovation capabilities
The ideal candidate will have a collaborative approach that develops close working partnerships with Base Brand Teams, R&D, Consumer Insights, and other internal/external partners. He/she will be responsible for development and decision making rooted in insights, utilizing available data, problem solving to advance projects and identifying what is needed to be successful as the champion for innovation.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer, and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Brand Manager of Innovation - Garden (Remote) for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Effectively develop and commercialize the strategic projects within her/his areas of responsibility on time and in a manner that drives growth for the business
- Champion the Innovation Strategy for assigned product segments and brands and mobilize the organization to get behind that strategy
- Closely partners with Marketing Research and Brand to deeply understand the categories, consumers, brands, and products within Lawn & Garden, and to identify/size new categories for growth
- Strengthens processes & tools needed to be successful in our Innovation ambitions
- Fosters and builds a culture of Innovation within the Garden Segment
- Develops and reports on pipeline health via KPIs that ensure a robust, multi-year pipeline
- Partners with R&D and Sourcing on contract negotiations/implementation with new suppliers
- Analyzes competitive portfolios, IP/patents, and industry trends for areas of opportunity
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of new product development experience in consumer products including the entirety of the development and commercialization stages for new products
- Experience within the Lawn & Garden industry and EPA regulated products is a plus
- Marketing/Sales experience focused on Home Center, Mass, or Hardware retailers preferred
- Development and/or commercialization of eCommerce products a plus
- Experience in strong cross functional collaboration, including with Marketing Research, Brand, R&D, Finance, Manufacturing, and 3rd party suppliers
- Creative, resourceful problem solving combined with an analytical and detail-oriented approach
- Experience working with external agency partners (i.e. Strategy, Innovation, Communications, Design)
- Strong communicator with exceptional negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Decision Making
- Customer Insight
- New Product Development