Retail Management Training Program--Paid holidays, paid vacations, & relocation assistance
Want to join our retail management training program? Through 6-9 months of extensive hands-on training, you will be prepared to be successful in store operations, leadership, and management. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will advance to an Assistant Store Manager where numerous opportunities for growth continue as you oversee a team of store associates in a fast-paced retail environment.
For over 60 years, Blain’s Farm & Fleet has maintained our commitment to offer customers high quality products, reliable service, and competitive prices. We were recognized for the second year in a row on Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best Mid-Size Employer. Currently with 41 store locations across Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, we are a private, family-owned specialty discount retailer with a track record of never closing a store location. Blain’s actively gives back to the community through local donations, as well as supporting the American Heart Association for over 25 years. Our work culture is family-oriented, shown by our closing for major holidays. As our company expands, you could be the next talented, forward-thinking member to join our team.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Parental leave
- Associate discount program
- 401(k) retirement plan & profit-sharing program
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short- and long-term disability and Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career or looking for a change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain’s Farm and Fleet. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates exceptional career growth potential.
Interested? Apply today and start growing your management career!
As part of the retail management training program, you will be trained in and perform the responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager, including:
- Conduct daily store walk-throughs to determine department needs and ensure products are supplied and displayed
- Communicate areas that need attention to individual Department Managers
- Conduct monthly safety inspections to determine store needs and completing necessary paperwork
- Provide training and directing supervision to Department Managers and store associates
- Conduct performance evaluations and verbal and written coaching regarding disciplinary action; scheduling associates in assigned departments
- Oversee store advertising on a local level to ensure advertising quality and store inventory/supply
- Fulfill corporate requests to ensure customer satisfaction and company goals are met
- Assist in the daily unloading of trucks and transferring of products to departments
- Assist in maintaining all store building/facilities and grounds
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and procedures
This position is 45-50 hours a week.
As a successful candidate of our retail management program, you must:
- Be willing and able to relocate, if needed, to 7 of our 41 stores located throughout Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan. This helps ensure that an Assistant Store Manager position will be open and ready for you at one of those 7 locations by the time you graduate from the program
- Be able to work evening shifts and full shifts every other weekend
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background checks