If you enjoy working outdoors and managing a team, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Heatherwood Apartments is looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Grounds Supervisor. Grounds Supervisors promote the community, supervise and assign tasks to the grounds staff and are capable of performing all grounds staff duties.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Monitor adherence to company policies and procedures, OSHA, state/local/federal laws, fair housing and safety compliance.
- Able to read and follow instructions, warnings, policies and procedures.
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths and development opportunities.
- Work with team members to develop goals and action plans to increase skillset.
- Oversee the general upkeep and cleanliness of all grounds, sidewalks, buildings, corridors, stairwells, community laundry areas, mechanical rooms, parking lots, dumpsters and enclosures.
- Evaluate contractor projects upon completion to ensure high quality and contract compliance.
- Meet work order deadlines.
- Present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain company vehicle (if applicable) and vehicle inspection report.
- Assist with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends (as needed).
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs, walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Able to lift above shoulder height and push or pull up to 80 pounds.
- Able to learn, understand and use property management software programs.
- Take initiative to work alongside the team as necessary to achieve goals.
- Able to effectively train and supervise team members.
- Experience in irrigation systems preferred.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel policy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a DMV record acceptable to company’s liability insurance provider.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full time employees::
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)