United States of America
Is Full Time?:
$80000 - $100000 / YR Target Earnings
Frito-Lay's OTR Driver Apprenticeship is designed for current Class-A CDL holders with less then 1 year experience.
The program includes a minimum of 10 weeks paid training, with the potential for additional weeks pending length and current service in a truck driving CDL program. Upon successful completion of the program, it is intended, based on availability at the completion of the training that the employee will transition into an OTR Driver position.
If you're ready to begin your career as a Frito-Lay OTR Driver and commit to successful completion of Truck Driving CDL program, Frito-Lay will cover some or all the cost associated with the training program. There may also be training pay available during your program enrollment.
If you are a hard worker, you'll fit right in with our diverse team. Please review the following minimum requirements before you get started on your application:
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- You are available for up to three nights away from home per week.
- You are able to work on weekends and holidays
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
After completing the mandatory driver training and on-boarding, you will be available to be assigned on the variety work we offer. Start times vary by route and scheduled dispatch.
We asked current Frito-Lay drivers what frequent tasks you should expect when you come aboard, and here is what they had to say:
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers -- this can be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, using four-wheeled carts or require the use of a two-wheeler.
- You will also be lifting things over your head. You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage units, vendor and backhaul locations, and other traffic centers.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review invoices and/or manifests.
You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or an onboard (dash) computer.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points throughout the day or night.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre- and post-trip truck inspections.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
This position requires a lot of walking and lifting over your head, but we believe the rewards are worth it, and our drivers agree.
Given our large salaries and phenomenal benefits, you might wonder what will give you an edge when you apply. Here's an idea of what Frito-Lay drivers expect of one another:
- Safety Focused: your mind is focused on safety when you operate vehicles by practicing defensive driving. We have a strong reputation as transportation professionals on the road
- Coachable and Communicative: you can take feedback and adjust how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, and efficiency. Communication is a two-way street. Did you encounter a safety hazard? Were their issues with your delivery? Your honest feedback is valued here.
- Flexibility: the schedule you work won't be set, but instead it will vary day to day. Everyone at Frito-Lay works weekends and holidays.
- Self-Motivated: our drivers are known across the company as hard workers, showing up and working until the job is done
- Attention to Detail: a sharp eye is necessary because you will review weight limits on manifests, you will count cases to make sure orders are corrects, as well as using visual aids
Our application takes 10-15 minutes to finish on any device. Our mission is to get you in for an interview instead of jumping through hoops. Just keep an eye on your e-mail, and we will take care of the rest.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Self Motivation