Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- Under the direction of the electrical engineering lead or project manager, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing power plant electrical systems
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues
- Assist the electrical engineering lead or project manager in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase AC and DC power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings
- Prepare engineering documentation for design input for drawing production
- Prepare and review engineering reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation
- Develop project work plans
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Critical Thinking