Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Director, Human Resources, serves as business partner for the Clinical Labs of Hawaii and works with division leadership and management to support business objectives and execute people strategies.
This position supports, in partnership with SHUSA Center of Excellence (CoE), the full lifecycle delivery of Clinical Labs of Hawaii’s talent strategy. Specifically, responsible for planning and execution of talent review & succession planning, talent assessment, performance management, employee relations, coaching, leadership and development planning. This role collaborates with other division HR Leads and Business Leaders to ensure best-in-class employee experience and service on matters related to employee relations, total rewards, talent acquisition, and employee development.
Organizational Development & Performance Management
- Ensure appropriate performance management and employee development initiatives support both employee and company success.
- Facilitate internal management conversations around organizational design, workforce planning, skills assessment, and development.
- Partner with management and cross functional teams including HR teams from each division, the SHUSA Center of Excellence, and Shared Services to establish strategic and operational people plans to support current and future business needs.
- Design and improve existing processes related to performance management, workforce planning, talent management, career development, diversity, and total rewards.
- Partner with the leadership to develop learning and development offerings for new leaders, mid-level and senior leaders, as well as individual contributors.
- Fully utilize the analytics tools available to gain insight, drive performance and transform our business using data and best practice knowledge. Aggregate talent data and insights to contribute to functional talent strategy in alignment with Clinical Labs of Hawaii’s business and talent needs.
- Lead, coach and develop the HR team to deliver a range of critical services.
- Develop best in class talent strategies and build an environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- Support planning and facilitation of talent review and succession discussions to identify successors for direct reports to Executive Leadership Team members, ensuring inclusive selection processes.
- Support high-level talent discussions for leaders and professionals deeper in the organization – identify “diamonds in the rough” that we can elevate, develop, and promote.
Overall Clinical Labs of Hawaii (CLH) HR Lead
- Serve as a leader for all CLH human resource functions.
- Conduct investigations, promote culture and employee engagement initiatives, and collaborate with CoE to ensure proper staffing and onboarding of employees.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure diverse selection approaches for direct report to division leadership team leads (and others as identified by the functional unit for key top leaders in growth areas) through internal strategic pipelining, exploration of diversity pipelines, and success profile/interview design.
- Assist with Diversity & Inclusion strategy and planning.
Qualifications & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field of study required; Masters’ Degree a plus
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources and/or Talent Management/Organizational Development, with 5 years in a leadership/management role
- Prior experience delivering on Talent Management strategies connected to business priorities to enable and reinforce diverse high potential leadership talent sourcing, development, and retention
- Experience with Workday HRIS, preferred
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing various talent management programs such as onboarding, employee engagement, talent reviews, succession planning, performance management, etc.
- Experience with designing and leading Leadership Development, Leadership Alignment or Culture Change programs in complex organizations
- Superior team facilitation experience
- Demonstrated experience leveraging technology efficiently and effectively and creating self-service enabled processes
- Flexible, adaptable, and creative in the design and execution of programs, processes, and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with outstanding oral and written communications
- Proactive, innovative, organized and disciplined; Ability to manage in the “grey”
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Able to balance attention to detail with swift execution
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Planning
- Business Priorities
- Business Requirements
- Career Development