HVAC TechnicianPosition Summary:
This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all Mechanical Systems. A very high percentage of “wrench time” is expected. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily / weekly work assignments. The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and perform other duties as required. Some overtime is to be expected.Summary of Duties/Essential Functions:
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Regular and predictable attendance required in order to support the needs of the team and the client.
- Ensures that all appropriate R&M data (e.g., material costs, contract labor costs, JLL effort) is captured on a work order.
- Review and analyzing system data and developing initial recommendation with Reliability Manager and Operations Manager on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
- Cross train and / or back up, as appropriate to the advanced level.
- Maintain up to date and complete system documentation in a central resource location for all repairs or changes to the system.
- Monitor the operation and make adjustments on: refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, hot water systems, floor radiant heating systems, monitors operation, adjusts and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating and ventilating equipment, domestic water heaters, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical equipment, record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems / malfunctions and make recommendations to management on the corrective action as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical HVAC system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Operations Manager.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Any/other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
- Capable of operating and utilizing BMS work order system (MAXIMO).
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to regularly lift items up to 20 lbs; frequently lift up to 50 lbs
- Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder up t0 28’, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle.
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Able to work on roofs of buildings – able to safely perform overhead work while standing on a ladder.
- High School diploma, state equivalent, or GED equivalent.
- Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent, preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working with mechanical systems.
- Boiler License is a plus.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.