To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hagerstown, MD 21740
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Communicare Health Services • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Maintenance Technician - Long Term Care Facility
Hagerstown Healthcare Center is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for a full time position at our Long Term Care center. The ideal candidate for the Maintenance position will possess 1 - 2 years of related work experience, including plumbing, electric, and general maintenance work. HVAC certification a plus! Must possess knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and regulations applicable to Nursing Homes and of survey protocol. Must have knowledge of mechanical systems, cleaning methods and chemicals, floor care, fire safety, emergency preparedness, and quality control systems.
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician may include, but are not limited to:
- Making preventive maintenance rounds
- Logging and dating all equipment checks and tests
- Logging and dating all preventive repair and routine replacement (e.g. filter changes, part dilapidation)
- Making all necessary electrical repairs (e.g. ballast, bulb and plug replacements)
- Troubleshooting electrical problems and equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair HVAC.
- Making all necessary plumbing repairs
- May be required to perform necessary cosmetic repairs (e.g. drywall installation, painting and carpeting)
- Ensuring all public pathways and resident activity areas are safe and regularly maintained (e.g. snow and leaf removal)
- May be required to perform landscaping functions (e.g. cutting grass and planting vegetation)
- Assessing inventory need
- Maintaining all maintenance tools
- On-call time required
- Other duties as assigned
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts. If you have an attitude of excellence and are ready to join a team of World Class Employees, respond to this ad with your resume for confidential consideration!
- 1 - 2 years maintenance experience is a must
- Experience in a Long Term Care setting preferred
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Must possess knowledge of federal, state and local codes and regulation
- Knowledge of State regulations applicable to Nursing Homes
- Knowledge of survey protocol
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems, cleaning methods and chemicals, floor care, fire safety, emergency preparedness, and quality control systems.
- HVAC certification preferred
- Plumbing experience is desirable
- Electrical experience preferred
- Compassionate and enthusiastic personality