To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA 22042
- Kathy Vilfordi
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Falls Church, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Falls Church, VA
The Defense Health Agency (DHA) is a combat support agency supporting the healthcare needs of our warfighters and beneficiaries throughout the Military Health System (MHS). The DHA is embarking on the monumental task of taking over management and oversight of all MHS Direct Care Facilities by October 2018 as mandated in Public Law 114-28, the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act. This transition is to achieve greater standardization of healthcare across the MHS and streamline management of healthcare activities. This new era will require increased knowledge sharing, agility, integration, and continuous improvement to positively influence the success of the current and future health of all stakeholders served. This contract provides program management, planning and execution support; studies, analytical, and evaluation services; administration services; document and records management; business process reengineering; logistical support; budget planning and management; acquisition support services for the Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs office, TRICARE Management Activity, Office of the Assistance Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs.
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for Force Health Protection and Readiness is the principal staff assistant and advisor to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) for all DoD policies, programs, and activities related to deployment health, force health protection, medical readiness, medical logistics and standardization, international health agreements and missions, and national disaster support. The Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs office supports the DASD and is comprised of Work Centers providing defense-wide health care and deployment medical capability to improve, protect, and conserve the health and resilience of Service members for operational mission performance across global military activities and operations.
The Program Manager will serve in a contract key position providing support to the DHA by managing a team of 50+ junior, mid, and senior level professionals. Working primarily with the Contracting Officer (COR), the CNA team, and sub-contractor team, responsibilities include organizing, directing, and tracking all aspects of the work, including schedule, cost, and contract/ customer satisfaction. While interfacing with government and team leads, the PM primarily handles the day-to-day functions and communications for the support personnel and COR.
- Interfacing with Government management personnel, contract managers, and employees
- Giving direction to employees, first level managers, and high-level professionals. Manage day-to-day operations of multiple functional areas. Directs and oversees a team of 50+ employee and sub-contractor professionals.
- Provide in-depth understanding, experience and expertise in various programming, management, budgeting, manpower and/or resource management, operational or technical management areas.
- Serve as the Point-of-Contact for programs, projects, initiatives, and other tasks. Responsible for the performance of personnel operating in geographically dispersed locations. Manage the hands-on, day-to-day execution of assigned operational activities and supporting tasks. Track and maintain situational awareness of assigned projects and tasks.
- Manage resourcing of requirements, including staffing, accountability of Government Furnished Equipment, and/or responding to tasking’s, requests for information, and similar client needs.
- Represent client position and interests in working groups, task forces, and task-oriented teams. Keep the client informed of status, progress, problems, issues requiring input, and delivery schedule of products.
- Responsible for meeting technical, financial, operational, analytical, production, and/or contractual requirements, objectives, goals, and/or milestones.
- Ensure management processes, business systems, products, and/or deliverables meet requirements and are in compliance with Government and client directives, laws, policies, procedures, and guidelines, and are responsive to client needs.
- Conducting interviews, gathering data, and developing recommendations in support of project objectives
- Other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing government contracts.
- Experience with the Defense Health Agency (DHA) is highly preferred.
- Experience conducting effective technical presentations to client management and professional/tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines.
- U.S. Citizenship and DoD government security clearance NACI required.
- The ability to successfully pass as drug screen and a federal background check is mandatory.
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) is a technology solutions provider specializing in delivering information technology, management consulting program support and professional support services. CNA’s full scope of computer and technology-related services include enterprise architecture, application development, database administration, systems administration, networking, security compliance, configuration management, infrastructure services, video surveillance, access control and professional IT services. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf