To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Engineering
ExecuNet • Portland, OR
Posted 1 month ago
Company, a next-generation customer data platform, is revolutionizing how companies like Heineken, The Economist, General Mills, Ancestry.com, and other retail, media, consumer goods, banking, and tech brands execute one-to-one marketing programs that their customers welcome. We're the brain behind the “right message, right time, right channel”. We are driving transformative value for our customers with rapidly increasing demand. We are looking for smart, passionate, and dedicated individuals to grow with us and deliver great value to our customers and company.
Love data, data-science, distributed-systems Our Engineering team builds distributed real-time stream processing of billions of events that involve rich data-science, data transformation pipelines.
To support our growth, we are hiring a top-tier VP Engineering to join our team and lead Engineering efforts as we create amazing products.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a great leader with the ability to build, coach and support our top-notch Engineering team. You should have a proven technical background and strong leadership experience.
Our Tech Stack:
- You don’t need to be a product expert in our space but some career experience with marketing technology is a bonus, but not required.
- You inspire, make tough decisions, and get things done.
- You are a leader who thrives at the junction of business, product, technology, and team challenges, and who can use the scale of Company today to accelerate growth.
- You can embrace team needs, assess talent quickly, and pick up velocity.
- You drive product creation, scaling existing solutions, as part of a collaborative, cross-domain product group and understand the challenges within small companies.
- You can work with and coach the very, very senior engineering staff with years of deep expertise in this data processing domain.
- You have a history of experience leading engineering teams in start-up or mid-size companies.
- You know how to build and improve engineering groups that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products.
- Immersing yourself in the territory of new markets excites you.
Core traits we expect Engineering Leaders to embody:
- Focused on solving customer problems and adding value for customers.
- Data-driven methods to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams.
- Substantial ownership of outcomes and ability to cultivate this trait.
- Experience leading teams in a high cadence of development and strong operational practices.
- Recruiting and retaining Engineering teams.
- Expertise in finding solutions to problems.
Core responsibilities include:
- Build and develop an exceptional engineering team that delivers with velocity and quality.
- Develop key internal relationships with the leadership team, peers, and external colleagues.
- Actively work with customers, field teams, and cross-functional product teams to deliver valuable solutions for customers.
- Craft and execute best-in-class product development processes.
- Work with partners outside Company on product, technology, and team innovation.
Core Values we expect our Leaders to embrace and exhibit:
- Customer obsessed
- Always learning
- Authentic energy
- We believe in team
- Be yourself
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent combination of education/experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.