handover of all issues that require discipline engineering input to resolve.
Ensure pragmatic solutions are implemented for management of risk, production efficiency improvement, maintenance, defect elimination and engineering standardization in support of safe, reliable and compliant operations.
* Provides mechanical engineering (ME) expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine mechanical engineering calculations and analyses. (Comment: Relevant teams include Projects & Mods, IM, Maintenance, Programme Execution.)
* Provides ME expertise to MoCs and to brownfield projects and modifications. (Comment: Relevant support activities involve regulatory compliance, deviations from technical practice/specifications, design reviews, procurement support for complex packages, life cycle operability, Category Management and SQM activities.)
* Provides ME expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes. (Comment: Relevant hazard identification and risk assessment processes include MoCs, HAZOPs, LOPAs, HAZIDs, Human Factors Analysis, What-Ifs, Vulnerability studies, Bow-ties and Risk Action Plans.)
* Provides ME expertise in performing incident investigations (IRIS) and defect investigations (OPTIMA).
* Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance and condition monitoring tasks in CMMS and Operator Workbench are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
* Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic review of CMMS and Operator Workbench effectiveness. (Comment: Relevant equipment performance feedback includes inspection, testing and maintenance data, KPIs, condition monitoring data, equipment MoC and findings from defect investigations.)
* Performs reliability analysis for mechanical equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics.
* Provides ME expertise to delivery of regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is mechanical engineering. (Comment: Relevant sources of actions include HAZOP/LOPA, HVLs, Learning Alerts/Bulletins, Audit findings, IRIS/Traction, RAP, F4S, MoC, OPTIMA and engineering studies).
* Records relevant learnings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and escalates high priority lessons.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems