At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history. Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector designs, builds and delivers space and defense systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking an entry to mid-level ME Space Vehicle Layout Manager to assist a team of component layout and design engineers to perform mechanical systems and layout tasks on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems. Most projects entail the layout of RF (Radio Frequency) components, along with designing waveguide and coaxial networks that connect the various RF components. The ME Space Vehicle Layout Manager will work with other engineering managers, program managers and engineers across the multiple business areas to sustain, develop and enhance critical layout and design technical capabilities. The successful candidate will work closely with their direct reports and business area leaders to develop engineering talent, tools, and processes, while also working closely with peer departments in RF, manufacturing, analysis, quality, and program management. The Space Vehicle Layout Manager will be responsible for the communication and engagement to their direct reports and assisting the employee's career growth. This position provides a broad, exciting leadership opportunity in high-growth, strategically important businesses for NG TSSD. We are looking for a successful leader with exceptional people skills, one who is valued by employees and customers alike. Our ideal candidate will develop teams, can influence and motivate them to perform at higher levels, has excellent writing and verbal skills; must be influential in conversation and have a history of collaborative approach with peers/peer organizations. Position Responsibilities:
* Performs as a working manager by being both an individual contributor and functional leader of a team (80-90% direct labor, 10-20% indirect labor) of up to approximately 12 engineers.
* Will be an individual contributor within the Space Vehicle Layout group providing program support.
* Design and layout various spacecraft component networks. Primarily RF and payload component networks. * Design waveguide and coax networks in conjunction with RF and payload component layouts.
* Responsible for the technical performance and filling staffing demands of the Space Vehicle Layout group.
* Support improvement initiatives, including employee engagement.
* Work with the Senior Leadership to establish, maintain, encourage, and enforce common design practices, standards, and policies.
* Assist in hiring staff to establish and maintain a broad range of capabilities across the business area that meets the area's overall needs and objectives.
* Identify training for staff as required.
* Be an active and engaged manager; know what programs employees are working on and the tasks they are performing on those programs.
* Provide general management, mentorship, motivation, guidance and support to assigned staff.
* Other duties as required. Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of experience.Experience working on RF products, layout of RF components, and general RF knowledge. * Experience with waveguide design and coax cables.
* Experience with the fundamentals of a spacecraft component layout and design.
* Experience in managing or leading programs/projects.
* Possess leadership skills to develop, organize and execute design activities, including building teams, and assessing technical performance.
* Possess the ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the business areas.
* Work on-site at the Dulles campus a minimum of 2 days per week.Preferred Qualifications:
* Previous supervisory experience.
* Previous CREO Parametric experience. * Hand on experience building hardware.
* Extensive experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft layout and design.
* Extensive experience with waveguide design.
* Extensive experience with coaxial cables. * Active or ability to obtain DoD TS Clearance. Salary Range: $108,700 USD - $163,100 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager 1 - Mechanical Engineering Space Vehicle Layout - Space with Security Clearance
. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager 1 - Mechanical Engineering Space Vehicle Layout - Space with Security Clearance
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Electrical Wirings
- Employee Engagement
- Interpersonal Skills