To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Legal Practice Assistant
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Establishes, organizes and maintains case and client files.
- Manages case and client information manually and digitally through the use of electronic databases.
- Coordinates the gathering of information, materials, documents, reports, and evidence necessary to respond to discovery.
- Assists with the compilation, drafting, proofreading, editing, and gathering of factual support for briefs and dispositive motions.
- Supports the development and management of case and practice group timelines.
- Participates in the research and analysis for class actions and other matters.
- Coordinates communication and planning across attorney teams who are handling multiple client matters.
- Assists attorneys with the preparation and review of various pleadings, discovery and document production materials.
- Distributes draft documents to attorneys and clients.
- Participates in fact investigation and research into publicly available documents.
- Provides administrative support, including, but not limited to, document production, conflicts checks for new matters, business intake materials and expense forms/paperwork.
- Interfaces with clients and may serve as a point of contact for clients.
- Drafts and assists in the preparation of meeting minutes.
- Coordinates and participates in day-to-day client management.
- Participates in supervised client communications to exchange information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- One (1) year of internship or professional experience preferred; professional services industry experience a plus.
- Independent, self-starting, and self-motivated.
- Superior written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment are a must.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and balance multiple tasks while operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to travel and work evening hours at times as needed.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.