To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI 48901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Portfolio and Shared Services
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Portfolio and Shared Services Director ensures that IT realizes and communicates anticipated benefits in relation to IT financials, project and application portfolios, infrastructure and resources. In addition, they will be responsible for Document Management, Software as a Service, Release Management, and Quality Assurance functions. This position will be instrumental in the definition, design, development, and implementation of critical, complex system projects to ensure continued success and profitability of the enterprise. This role will also be responsible for maturing the Project and Portfolio Management practices within IT, both waterfall and agile. This position will also be responsible for managing the value proposition, ensuring that IT creates, delivers, and realizes projected benefits and those benefits are accurately communicated back to the business. Additionally, they will be responsible for maturing and maintaining shared products like OnBase, SmartCommunication, and ServiceNow for optimizing the user experience.
- Lead the IT Project and Portfolio Management team to ensure IT investments are in line with the business vision and goals.
- Oversee quality, timeliness, and total cost of project deliverables.
- Drive the adoption of Agile methodologies throughout the IT organization
- Build relationships and create synergies with key business sponsors across the enterprise to "enable the business" with cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Provide a clear and shared understanding of the expected benefits from IT.
- Establish Metrics & Controls to lead & manage IT "as a business" & as an "integral part of the business".
- Oversee financial functions across IT (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, accounting and monthly charging).
- Oversee development and coordination of the project (new & existing) portfolio plan designed to deliver enhanced business capabilities that "enable the business" and support the overall business strategy.
- Oversee resource management functions, ensuring continuous improvements to the overall Resource Management & Resource Scheduling processes.
- Participate in the development of programs as a strategic partner that supports the Company plan.
- Participate in development of annual departmental budget, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies. Research cause and make recommendations.
- Direct projects, providing project prioritization, leadership, and execution.
- Ensure all Corporate projects have appropriate IT involvement and are efficiently resourced.
- Develop the plan and roadmap to mature and maintain Shared Service products like OnBase, SmartComms, and ServiceNow.
- Ensure that the products can enable the maturity of IT Service Management and optimize user experience.
- Operationalizing Software as a Service (SaaS) products & services (ex. VUE).
- Create SLAs and mature vendor management practices related to SaaS products.
- Formally document an IT playbook that is maintained and followed by the IT organization.
- Oversee IT audit activities and ensure the Managing Director of IT Delivery gets the data needed to drive maturity of processes and controls.
- Promote release and test automation through the Release Management and Quality Assurance teams working in collaboration with automation teams.
- Build release management practices in line with agile deployment and drive organization towards a DevOps model.
- Ensure effective resourcing for the Quality Assurance function within the IT organization
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work assignments; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.