Desktop Support (Win 7 to Win 10 Refresh Project)
South San Francisco, CA
Contract Length: 6 Months +
Kelly IT is recruiting for an URGENT REQUEST for a skilled Desktop Support Professional for our prestigious and exciting client's WIndows 7 to Windows 10 Refresh Project, in South San Francisco, CA. The role will be at $35/hr, and should go min about 6 months, with extensions highly likely!!!
Desktop/Refresh Project Job Summary:
As an end-of-life support for 15000 machine's Windows 7 systems is approaching, our client is seeking contracts to augment the ongoing Windows 10
upgrade/refresh.Under the direction of their Service Desk, contractors will perform intermediate level tech support tasks include, but are not limited to, asset inventory, software installation and data migration, user acceptance testing, and warehousing:
Contractors are expected to perform and complete following tasks in preparing system
• Software and hardware inventory of both old (Windows 7) and new (Windows 10)
• Profile backup of the old computer
• Software installation and profile migration
User Acceptance Testing
Contractors are expected to deliver the newly migrated computers to various site locations and perform following setups, configurations and testings:
• System and network connection validation
• Printers setup
• Microsoft Office 365 configuration
• Software testings
Warehousing and Record Keeping
Contractors are expected to close out a computer upgrade/refresh by completing following tasks:
• Store the old/replaced computer to a designated storage location
• Label the old/replaced computer appropriately
• Document both new and old computers to the asset management system accordingly
Desktop Support Additional Requirements:
Contractors must have physical skills and able to work in working conditions as stated below:
• Frequent walking and standing for 3 to 6 hours a day.
• Ability to use computer requiring repetitive use of hands and extended periods of sitting.
• Sufficient strength and coordination for handling, lifting and carrying digital equipment
and parts up to 35lb.
• The normal business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Contractors may also on occasion be required to work off hours, weekends, and holidays.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide Software Help