To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CommunityAmerica Credit Union • Kansas City, MO
Posted 14 days ago
CommunityAmerica Credit Union, a staple of the Kansas City community for over 75 years, isn’t just about another job. It’s about making a difference in people’s lives, and working for a higher calling, a noble cause — helping Kansas City families reach their financial dreams! It’s this way of thinking that has landed us as Kansas City’s largest credit union and one of the top Kansas City-based financial institutions.
The Director- Private Banking is responsible for developing and executing a private banking strategy to increase both consumer and business accounts while driving overall household engagement through multiple business lines. While serving as a key leader on the Retail and Commercial teams, this individual will manage the private banking and CommunityAmerica@Work (Workplace banking) Programs while leading an exclusive, personalized approach to providing financial strategies to members. The Director will build a team of Private Bankers who are responsible for managing the complete banking relationship for members and serving as a single point of contact across the organization in order to achieve goals for member experience and line of business growth. The Private Banking team will focus on deepening client relationships with a coordinated approach to the day-to-day needs of the member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver results as a player-coach; building and leading a team and achieving results through individual and team performance.
- Execute a stacked sales strategy to increase consumer and business accounts, providing a high-touch member experience that increases overall household engagement
- Prospect potential and existing members to expand CommunityAmerica relationship
- Build and manage a portfolio of private banking relationships and serve as single point of contact across the organization
- Meet with clients to assess financial needs and goals, identify banking solutions and refer to other lines of business as needed
- Respond to and resolve inquiries related to member accounts and executes and verifies transactions upon request
- Align private banking and CommunityAmerica@Work Programs with commercial and retail divisions
- Closely monitor member accounts for overdraft fees or other adverse actions and proactively communicate with member to deliver on member experience standards
- Work across the organization to ensure that products, technology and communication enable and support private banking objectives.
- Collaborate across lines of business; gain sufficient expertise in services offered through retail, mortgage, CAFS as well as client facing solutions in order to support the needs of credit union members.
- Identify and lead high-value opportunities as part of the commercial and retail teams, leading by example to deliver member experience and add value through the life of the relationship.
- Manage team performance against goals, responding to changing opportunities, confronting challenges and delivering results.
- Prepare reports and present information to members of management through written and verbal presentations.
- Manage direct reports, including ongoing professional development and performance management; coach and develop, hire and promote, and take disciplinary action as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, management or other related field.
- 10 years progressive experience in financial services with emphasis on working with consumers, especially business owners in consultative and/or advisory roles.
- 5 years management or supervisory experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of commercial and consumer banking products, including tools commonly used by closely-held businesses and individuals who hold ownership and/or executive roles in local companies.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and coach a group of individuals towards individual and organizational goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, including strong in-person presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization and in different settings
- Ability to overcome objections, identify needs, find solutions and effectively solve problems using excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated passion around the member experience
- Strong collaborative, team-oriented approach to private banking.
- Ability to travel throughout the Kansas City Metro area to meet with current and prospective clients.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of core and related systems commonly used in community banks and credit unions.
- Understanding of consumer banking regulations that impact depositing and borrowing activity.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veterans