Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager/Team Leader to win interesting and challenging new work, execute a wide variety of infrastructure projects, and lead and mentor talented staff. Advance your career forward based out of our established and growing Redding, CA offices.
This position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create project strategies and management plans.
- Lead and collaborate with teams to develop infrastructure, site development, transportation, and other design projects.
- Engage with clients and understand their needs; communicate technical solutions and project approaches.
- Track project schedule, budget and costs and adjust plans to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Assist with or lead management of complex on- and off-system transportation projects.
- Assist with or lead transportation or other site development and infrastructure design projects and team(s).
- Assist with or prepare project work plan development and execution.
- Assist with or lead client contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Track project schedule, budget and costs to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Partner with key GHD staff to identify emerging trends and opportunities and to pursue new work.
- Collaborate on identifying and securing funding to create new projects for clients.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to a variety of public and private clients.
- Develop innovative and persuasive proposals with the assistance of GHD marketing specialists to secure new work (proposal writing, positioning with clients, fee negotiation).
- Prepare scope of service and fee estimates.
- Contribute to developing and delivering winning presentations and interviews for new projects.
What you will bring to the team:
- A strong interest in building your own career through winning and executing interesting multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Dedication to collaborating with peers and building your team around you.
- Interest and experience at all stages of the business development process from identifying opportunities and positioning with clients, to preparing proposals, completing interviews, and negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrated professional judgement and financial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving technical and logistical problems, as well as managing risks.
- Proven ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, regulators, and peers to develop winning outcomes.
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Your own interests and experience to help expand GHD’s technical capabilities and service offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Graduate degree a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer in California (Civil). Additional industry certifications preferred.
- 8+ years of professional engineering experience (consulting engineering preferred).
- Experience working with clients in the northern California considered a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of modeling and design software as applicable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Involvement in a professional organization preferred.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Proposal Writing
- Business Development