To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
IT Audit Analyst
Apex Systems • Birmingham, AL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Internal Audit examines and evaluates the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of the organization's activities. This department assists management and the Board of Directors in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with analyses, appraisals, recommendations, counsel, and information concerning activities and by promoting effective control at reasonable cost.
The IT Audit area is responsible for planning and conducting audits, special projects and third-party facilitations related to Information Technology for the purpose of reviewing and evaluating the system of internal controls in place for the company's Medicare and Private Business operations. Also, for providing management and customers with assurance about the integrity of the control environment. This individual will lead and perform IT audits and follow-up reviews of Private business and Medicare activities related to the integrity of internal controls and their compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, this individual will coordinate IT audits performed by external auditors and government regulators.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in Computer Science, MIS, or other related technical field
- Minimum of two to four years of experience directly related to IT audit or consulting
- Experience in a position evaluating mainframes, databases, file structures, etc.
- Experience interacting with technical and non-technical management and staff
- Experience documenting projects in a concise and thorough manner
- Experience managing multiple projects with various priorities
- Experience working independently to resolve problems without direct supervision
- Experience in Access Control List (ACL), Crystal, Auto-Audit, or other programming preferred
- Insurance industry experience beneficial
- Certified Internal Security Auditor certification (CISA) desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178