To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL (EOD) SPECIALIST
United States Army • Dallas, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Explosive ordnance disposal specialist Soldiers are the Army's preeminent tactical and technical explosives experts. They are warriors who are properly trained, equipped and integrated to attack, defeat and exploit unexploded ordnance, improvised explosive devices and weapons of mass destruction.
Explosive ordnance disposal specialists are the culmination of the best tactical and technical training the Army and civilian academia can provide. They are prepared to perform missions in support of Army units worldwide, across all operational environments.
- Research and identify ordnance
- Assist in the preparation and use of advance robotics
- Explosively disposing of hazardous ordnance
- Prepare and maintain tools, equipment and vehicles
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for an explosive ordnance disposal specialist requires 10 weeks Basic Combat Training and 37 weeks of Advanced Individual training at Fort Lee, VA.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic electronics/electricity fundamentals
- Hazards and identification of United States and foreign munitions
- Demolition materials, procedures and operations
- Chemical and biological ordnance and operations
- Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Aptitude for planning and organizing
- Work calmly under stress
- Effectively use computers