To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lowell, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer Intern
Worldpay 2018 • Lowell, MA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you enjoy working with a top-notch team and being part of a growing, profitable company?
If so, then Vantiv is the place for you. Vantiv provides a leading in-house payment management platform (SaaS - Software as a Service) that serves high-volume merchants such as GoDaddy.com, Overstock.com, and many more. At Vantiv, we know that our platform is only as good as the people behind it. We are looking for talented engineers who are eager to learn about our technology and, more importantly, about the details that make our business tick.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions around the clock. These features along with our ability to consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission - we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance they require.
We are seeking well-versed engineers and do not hire based on buzz word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. Our primary goal is to deliver business value early and often.
A comprehensive benefits package, competitive compensation, and free use of an in-office, state-of-the-art fitness center are just a few of the perks offered to Vantiv's employees. Submit your application at www.vantiv.com/careers, and explore all that Vantiv has to offer.
- Design, develop, and test software for scalability, reliability, and data recovery associated with a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test driven development to maximize productivity and quality
- Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers who are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply engineering expertise to develop new product features
- A "team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we are open to other Object-Oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving scalability, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Penchant toward self-motivation. These words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Development experience with a unit testing framework (JUnit and experience employing TDD preferred)
- Agile and pair programming experience a plus. A willingness to try is a requirement
- Linux/Unix experience a plus