Allied Reliability is currently looking for Expander candidates to work for a manufacturer in the Edgewood, MD area. Assist in the working and expansion of aluminum honeycomb core to customer specified dimensions and tolerance.Responsibilities
- Assists others to operate equipment such as expander tables and bonding ovens and trim saws in the safest and most expedient manner in accordance with established company policies and operator documentation
- Performs routine operator level preventative maintenance, organize, clean, and maintain tools, equipment, product, and supplies to ensure highest possible standards of cleanliness in accordance with established company procedures and Form B on a daily basis.
- Setup all saws and cut slices and panels to work order specifications with the exception of Tannetitz, Femco, and Do-All saw #6.
- Prepares honeycomb slices for expansion per the work order, by using hot glue, nailing, or drilling aluminum slices.
- Expands slices into panels (within specification tolerance) per work order instructions.
- Assist oven operator with stabilizing or flattening of honeycomb panels when required.
- Setup saw, trim panels and tag each part to work order specifications, deliver complete order to Q.C. for inspection.
- Operates forklifts, and trucks, and equipment carts to perform material handling duties as assigned.
- Performs product packaging and labeling duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPANY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- An employee handbook and other company policies and procedures have been prepared to guide employees in their personal conduct and work activities. Employees are, however, expected to exercise on the spot decisions regarding the workmanship of themselves and others to ensure that quality is built in at every process step.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- One to three years prior experience with light gauge metal forming, band saws, industrial metal cutting, or metal work.
- Exposure to close tolerance work and use of calipers and micrometers.
- Requires solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling involvement in a cross-functional, quality driven team environment.
- A positive, \'Can do\' attitude fueled with initiative, dedication, neatness, sense of urgency, and concern for the satisfaction of customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, temperature, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and dimension.
- Candidate must possess the capacity to understand blueprints, as well as complex and detailed instructions and bills of material.
- Must accurately read measuring tape.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees are required to wear, steel toed safety shoes, and ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields at all times.
- Gloves are required when handling all products.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Tools and/or equipment that may be operated includes: expander, calipers, micrometers, tape measure, ruler, hot melt glue gun, various hand tools, and curing and stabilizing ovens.
- Forklift operator's license desirable.