Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Entry Level Cost Accountant. The purpose of this role is to provide financial analysis, assist in developing forecasts, and cost accounting. Incumbent will also support annual strategic and operating plan requirements while providing specific support to assigned functions and businesses.
The McPherson, Kansas plant manufactures fiber glass insulation products for residential, commercial, industrial, and retail markets. These products are manufactured in various widths and thicknesses with varying insulation values. The finished products are produced in the form of blowing wool or in the form of rolls, batts or blankets, and packaged for storage in the warehouse. Shipments to customers are made primarily to locations throughout the central United States.
* Assist in completion of monthly closing process
* Assist in completion of necessary financial and management reporting requirements to communicate results, identify key issues, and drive continuous improvement
* Fixed asset capitalization, retirements, and inventory
* Ensure financial controls and procedures are followed
* Develop and maintain key performance metrics for assigned areas
* Support productivity related processes (business productivity reviews)
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, *or will be graduating in December 2018 with Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.*
* 0-3 years' experience in an accounting environment is preferred.
* Must have excellent communication skills. The ability to work effectively with diverse populations is required.
* Experience with computerized accounting systems preferred.
* Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
* The ability to work with frequent, established deadlines is required
* Advanced PC skills to include MS Office Excel and Word required. Knowledge of ERP/SAP system desirable. Must be able to analyze data and prepare reports. Ability to create and use pivot tables preferred.
* Ability to relocate in the future for other Johns Manville promotional opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled