Description Job Description:
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer – Nuclear Hardening and Survivability (NH&S) Effects to join the team. This position will be located in one of four locations: Roy, Utah, Torrence, California, Huntsville, Alabama, or Bellevue, Nebraska and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program
Our Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is hiring cleared professionals to join our highly skilled team working to mature designs for GBSD, the nation's next Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) system. As part of the Leidos GBSD team, your specialized skills will allow us to deliver on a national security priority to develop a modernized ICBM for the U.S. Air Force. Leidos has secure GBSD career opportunities in four locations including Roy, Utah, Torrence, California, Huntsville, Alabama, and Bellevue, Nebraska. Explore career opportunities at Leidos where you will fundamentally transform how we defend our nation.
Leidos supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. The successful candidate for this position will use their experience and education to perform radiation effects modeling and testing to design systems that will operate in extremely hostile environments. The candidate will guide and mentor junior engineers in the science of nuclear weapon effects modeling and parts/equipment testing.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Serves as a mentor to guide and train other engineering professionals regarding NH&S science and engineering principles.
- Specialty Engineering Technical lead of a team of 5-10 Leidos technical staff comprised of engineers and scientists with responsibility for all technical elements of the project.
- Maintain close liaison with the Leidos PM and the GBSD prime contractor, Northrup Grumman Corporation (NGC), and be responsible for effective and timely Leidos Team technical performance.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Works with junior members of the team to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Work as a senior "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future system builds.
- Provide systems engineering technical leadership in developing NH&S and PM&P technical approach, design, and validation.
- MS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- 15+ years demonstrated systems engineering and/or science experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Capable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- US CITIZENSHIP and an active DoD Secret Clearance are required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:
- Phd degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- 9 years in radiation effects or similar field experience or Masters in STEM Degree with 7 years relative experience or 4 Years of experience with a PHD.
- Weapon System Experience (Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
- Model Based Systems Engineering; Scientific Modeling and Simulation; High Performance Computation
- Strong familiarity with MIL-STD-1766
EligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 25%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: