Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country. Blount Fine foods has three manufacturing facilities.
Interact with vendors and/or customers on technical or design issues. Collaborate with process development personnel to improve equipment, processes, products and packaging quality by leading review sessions. Will use Lean Six Sigma methodologies’ to reduce and control cost and waste. Establish and monitor performance metrics through data mining, analysis and report summation(s) to generate improvement recommendations.
They will implement quality control methods, such as statistical process/quality control
(SPC and SQC), inspecting and testing processes, products, and equipment. Spend time on the production floor in order to monitor daily operations of a fast paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility.
- Work side-by-side with the management staff to discover inefficiencies in business processes and then determine the best ways to bring our business methods in line with our financial goals.
- Evaluate, develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product, and process requirements, designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of the product, process, design, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by data mining, analysis and summarizing performance metrics trends.
- Working with Safety dept. on job safety analysis (JSAs).
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining performance metrics. These performance metrics will include all trending for complaints, product right first time, product holds, yields, raw material supplier performance inspections, internal / external audit results.
- Monitor standards and controls in relation to the manufacturing of high quality soup and seafood products to include activities in the following areas; receiving, staging, prep, processing, packaging, storage and shipping.
- Ensure a smooth process flow, maximizing volume and efficiency while committing to exacting specs and uncompromised quality. Work with other key departments to ensure proper technique, staffing, training and methods are in place and are effectively resulting in consistent and high quality end products.
- Carry-out various batch control tests and product sampling to ensure process is in control, i.e. statistical process control, (SPC).
Education and/or Experience
- 4+ year college degree, manufacturing experience preferably in a food environment, or equivalent combination education work experience.
- 1 year experience in manufacturing required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Candidate must have above average mathematics skills, as well as familiarity with statistics, e.g., (SPC, SQC) and control charts.
- Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of computers and their programs. Experience with Minitab and Smart Draw software a plus. Computer modeling using AutoCAD, PRO-E, MATLAB and SOLIDWORKDS is a plus.
- Candidate must also be willing to adhere to the Quality Engineering Philosophy.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays Education Assistance Program Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing