Bayside Solutions is seeking a Shipping Associate 1 to be part of our Client's team in San Jose. The company specializes in made-to-spec parts that are used in critical medical and transportation applications, which include the fabrication of large metal weldments, precision sheet metal fabrication, and CNC machining of small, medium, and large devices.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Shipping Associate 1
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Packages parts, including:
* Verifies that the work order has approval stamps on all previous operations prior to packaging associated parts.
* Reads and interprets packaging requirements from a work order and or blueprints.
* Contacts Quality department to complete Work Order step "Final Inspection Ready to Package" prior to pack and ship.
* Accurately count, label, and package parts in accordance with customer requirements.
* Determines pack quantity from material planning window in Visual Manufacturing for Sales Orders with multiple ship dates.
* Creates and prints shipping labels out of Visual Manufacturing.
* Part Marking: Reads and interprets part marking and packaging requirements on blue prints. Sets up part marking equipment and marks parts.
* Load Trucks, under the direction of a Shipping Associate 2.
* Performs other related tasks assigned by the department Manager or Lead person
Education and Experience
Six months or more of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge / Skills:
* Ability to communicate with other Vander-Bend employees.
* Basic arithmetic.
* Ability to read and understand English well enough to follow basic written and verbal instructions.
* Understanding of and the ability to apply information from Visual Manufacturing to packaging responsibilities.
* Within 90 days of employment, develop the ability to read and properly interpret part marking and packaging requirements on blueprints.
Physical Requirements: Most assigned tasks for this position may involve "Light Work", however some may involve "Medium Work" as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant's physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Data Entry Experience
Computerized Inventory System