Fire Apparatus Technician - FULL Benefits - Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
First Vehicle Services maintains vehicles for City of Pittsburgh.
Join First Vehicle Services as a Fire Apparatus Technician! This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair fire vehicles and equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- $27-$30 / hour based on experience & certifications (ASEs & EVTs)
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Free parking on site
- Benefits covered 100% - FULLY Paid health care, 11 paid holidays, 9 personal days, 2 weeks vacation with pay, company provided uniforms, 401k company match, AND annual tool allowance.
- A great work environment!
SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY 11:00 AM TO 7:30 PM
Fire Apparatus Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- Previous experience diagnosing and preforming all phases of fire apparatus repair.
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set - tool allowance available!
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license. CDL is preferred.
- ASE & EVT certifications are strongly preferred.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.