To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Full Stack Developer
PAE • Washington, DC
Posted 27 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldFull Stack Developer
Macfadden, now a part of PAE, is seeking a Drupal Web Developer to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). In this position, you will have the opportunity to build new web applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes. You will build custom web applications to user specifications while working with other developers on the team. This position requires a high degree of skill in custom web application development. OTI is a fast-paced, exciting office where you will have the opportunity to be part of an elite team on the cutting edge of emerging issues around the world.
- Participate in design meetings and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Develop architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, participates in analysis and design of test plans
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Participate in project solutions within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through brainstorming sessions with IT Team
- Assist in development of Drupal functionality using contributed modules, core API, along with creating custom modules
- Understanding of APIs as it relates to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Work with end users to determine system requirements and updates
- Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented based on industry best practices and SDLC methodology being utilized
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Maintain comprehensive testing plans, provide test results, and recommends corrections to senior developers
- Participate in meetings with the IT team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress
- Support end-to-end project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years of web development experience
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with an additional of work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal (Setup, Configuration, Modules etc.)
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), also adhere to coding standards and documentation.
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Drupal 7 and 8, Composer, Drush/Drupal Console, PHP 7
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Have worked with Jira, Bitbucket/Github and Git/Mercurial
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.