SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 8401 Greensboro Drive, McLean, VA 22102
Role: Sales Director
SS&C Primatics, a subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, addresses a financial institution's most complex finance and risk challenges by leveraging EVOLV, our open platform with integrated solutions. Built by industry experts and delivered through a revolutionary, domain-specific SaaS, EVOLV uniquely equips financial institutions to efficiently meet changing accounting, risk, compliance, regulatory, market and business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary focus will be selling into defined segment of regional banks within SS&C Primatics’ target market of banks that hold portfolios greater than $1b
- Target buyers will be SVP & C-level executives (CFO, CRO, CCO, CAO, etc)
- Typical sales cycle is 6-12 months
- Business development (new sales) and add-on sales responsibilities
- Extensive travel within assigned territory/region
- Responsible for creating sales opportunities with new clients within assigned territory
Proven success working with limited resources, and a small team in a high-growth environment
- Likes to win
- Aggressive yet consultative approach to setting and conducting sales meetings
- Comfortable starting relationships and getting a foot in the door
- Knows how to maintain positive relationships while continually developing new ones
- Ability to think on your feet and combine knowledge of the customer and knowledge of our product to solve customers’ problems
- Thrives in front of a demanding, senior level audience – knows when to take charge and when to listen
- Knows our product and market well but always likes to learn new things
- Uses energy and creativity to solve unique customer problems through analytical and adaptive toolsets
- Loves being challenged by customer questions and thinking on their feet to provide actionable and tangible answers that a customer can get behind
- Enjoys working with a team to solve problems and knows not one player is stronger than the other, but collectively they can deliver exceptional results
- Likes to travel and isn’t afraid to work hard
- Wants to get paid for helping to close deals and bringing on new clients
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Software-as-a-Service and/or Enterprise Platform Sales Experience
- 5-10 years prior experience selling to banks/financial institutions
- Closing and contract negotiation skills
- Aggressive yet consultative approach
- Proven post-sales experience, “expanding the client footprint” – has upsold existing clients to upgrades, new features, and benefits as product roadmap fills out
- Enterprise Platform Sales or SAAS Sales experience
- Understanding and experience with the close and contract negotiation process
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.