Located near historic St. Mary's City and the Patuxent Naval Base, Chesapeake Shores, a 117-bed skilled nursing facility, is near the center city of Lexington Park, Maryland. This center is 12 miles away from St. Mary's Hospital. Located in a country setting, the center provides a homelike environment and a resident-dedicated staff. Chesapeake Shores offers a comprehensive approach to health care that embraces a wide spectrum of expertise, from expert rehabilitative services and short-term respite care to short and long-term skilled nursing services. Residents, families, community members, staff and friends are all a part of the family atmosphere at Chesapeake Shores. The dedicated staff strives to encompass all members of a residents family and community in their day-to-day programs and special events. The foundation of the Chesapeake Shores approach is a simple philosophy: Respect for every resident's uniqueness. Here, residents participate in the leisure activities they enjoy with close supervision and gentle encouragement from compassionate caregivers.
Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) opportunity at Chesapeake Shores- Lexington Park, MD
This position requires a minimum of three years nursing leadership experience in the long-term care setting
Are you looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn’t think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
We’re currently hiring for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the DON in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing department in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Assist DON to monitor day-to-day operation of the nursing department and establish priorities and manage records, budgets, or supplies.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing department to verify that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards and report findings to the DON.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with required current state license.
- Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.