Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
- Serves as project manager and subject matter expert in K-12 education.
- Leads strategic consulting projects for school districts and state education agencies. Project work may include strategic planning, operational reviews, initiative analysis, implementation planning, etc. Projects support effective and efficient schools.
- Develops and executes new growth strategies
- Identifies new sales opportunities and follow-up on sales leads.
- Independently manages complex projects, staff and tasks with limited supervision.
- Develops communication plan with clients.
- Identifies and elicits requirements from key stakeholders in each engagement.
- Facilitates client discussions.
- Plans and monitors ongoing project tasks.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to team members.
- Assesses best practices and provide technical assistance to clients.
- Leads proposal writing teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Prepares other written reports and materials for clients.
- Manages daily project functions and client interaction.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to K-12 public education
- Must be tactical in delivering project tasks under tight deadlines, while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Able to translate complicated challenges into actionable solutions
- Driven to create systems and continuously improve processes by applying new approaches to work
- Self-starter, assertive, enthusiastic and has the political savvy to get things done, yet maintain a likeable presence.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills; excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Comfortable moving forward in ambiguous situations
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- A commitment to deliver exceptional client service
- At least 10 years work experience
- Experience working in a school district, charter management organization or state department of education strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Any PCG office, Boston preferred but not required
- Travel to client sites required (% and location varies)