To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Staci Daigle-Davis
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Staff Engineer
Kelly IT Resources • San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Senior Staff Engineer - Direct Hire opportunity Location: San Francisco, CA, 90698 Your Responsibilities As a Senior Staff Engineer you will join our team building a world class data platform for advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. This team will design, develop, and support our Precision Ag analytics platform - enabling the ingest, modeling, and efficient retrieval of data at petabyte scale. Our team builds production data products that utilize machine learning algorithms to enable intelligent, automated equipment and to improve farmer decision making. Join a team that is passionate about making a difference by applying cutting edge technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems. In addition, you will:
- Write clean, well-tested code to enable ingest, storage, retrieval, and transformation of large scale geospatial data for analysis, research, and model development.
- Design and build high performance data pipelines that are efficient and reliable with robust monitoring.
- Design and build next-generation data structures and APIs that enable secure, performant, cost effective access to data for research and model development.
- Identify, adopt, and advocate engineering best practices that drive high performance and high expectations from other engineers.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with data scientists and engineers to identify and build needed infrastructure, tools, and libraries to support machine learning algorithms.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure appropriate security and data governance controls are maintained for all use cases.
- Provide technical guidance, code reviews, and mentoring to other members of the team.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position What Skills You Need
- 10 or more years of software engineering experience
- 5 or more years of experience building and supporting mission critical, global, production-scale, cloud-based systems using AWS
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting and building large scale processing pipelines
- Experience designing and implementing geospatial data structures, analysis systems, and visualizations
- Strong coding skills in Python
- Experience with C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, automation, monitoring, and a DevOps mindset
- A solid foundation in computer science, particularly with algorithm development
- Strong analytic skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to inform and influence others through your strong communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Expertise with geospatial, IoT, or high frequency unstructured data sets
- Sense of ownership, curiosity, and ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment that is distributed across various time zones and locations
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop
- Past experience working with GDAL or similar spatial libraries
- Previous experience with machine learning techniques or tools
- A strong track record of contributions to the open source community
- Advanced degree, engineering or computer science preferred
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related discipline
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high- visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.