About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today’s Information Technology team is responsible for managing our Network Infrastructure which allows our 70+ locations to interact as one company. In addition to managing our Wide Area Network, our IT team also manages our office and call center Cisco telecommunications infrastructure, desktop technology, remote users (call center and sales), and all server and desktop based application. Our IT Business Systems Team deploys and manage enterprise and leading edge software systems that are part of Empire’s lead generation, sales, order fulfillment, warehouse and installation operations. We leverage Cisco and Microsoft technology solutions to enable our business to be agile and react to fulfill key business objectives in a time sensitive manner, allowing us to serve our flooring and technology customers.
The Jr. CRM Developer has responsibility for developing and administering our packaged application solution(s). The individual that fills this role will be provided training by class or senior developers. The individual will use their knowledge and skills to enhance the application’s usefulness in response to changing business requirements. The individual will work closely with senior developers to maintain and support the application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and administer Empire CRM application(s)
- Support CRM users and troubleshoot production issues during regular business hours and provide on-call support after regular business hours
- Work with business analysts and senior developers to understand requirements to design and develop solutions in the Empire CRM application(s)
- Gain a strong understanding of life cycle technical development from technical design through unit testing to user acceptance testing and production migration
- Adhere to IT standards and controls such as Agile methodology
- Conduct quality assurance analysis of programs before migration to production
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related fields
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team involving multiple departments
- Excellent ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
Optional Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, or Siebel
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Server (Computer Science)
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Java Script (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)