Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer’s reputation for commitment, career growth, and support makes it an attractive place to start and finish your career!
Messer is seeking Estimating Engineer in our Cincinnati region. The Estimating Engineer’s primary responsibility is to assist the Estimating Manager in the management of the CM and Lump Sum Process. The ideal candidate will possess a desire for growth, the ability to build relationships, long-term thinking and a growing familiarity with the construction industry.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Understand and communicate scope to subcontractors and suppliers
- Understand the CM and Lump Sum Process
- Demonstrate expertise in various technology skills (iSqFt, On Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, & Sage Estimating)
- Execute completion of the risk management process
- Demonstrate an intermediate ability to interpret design information and perform quantity surveys
- Understand industry standards (CSI, Master Format, BOD)
- 1-3 years of construction experience (includes internships and co-ops)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction processes/industry/delivery methods
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Estimating Engineer.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Power Point