Leadand develop purchasing practices that are efficient and effective, pertainingto current product and direct purchases.EssentialFunctions:
• Vendor management:costing, set up lead times, payables, quality, and negotiate terms
• Quality: Ensureparts we need meet co-specs
• Signingauthority for buyers
• Coordinate costswith division locations for bulk buying
• Run speed andvariable report
• Manage thecontinuous improvement of the supply base working with commodity managers toimprove service and quality performance.
• Manages thedevelopment and maintaining of manufacturing processes and technologies tosupport zero defects, ensure on time delivery and be cost competitive.
• Providesinformation to facilitate the coordination of overall organization distributionand customer service functions. Collectsinformation on present and future distribution needs.
• Ensures qualityobjectives are met and takes timely corrective action when below objectives.
• Maintain andreinforces a positive working relationship with all levels of all theorganization.
• Utilize MRPsystem to forecasting
• Performs allrelated duties as assigned by management.QualificationsEducation and Training
- Bachelor’s degree
- APICS certification preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Five to ten year’s minimum experience in automotive/manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with and working experience in a TS-16949 or other Quality regulated manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to use MRP system preferred
- Ability to manage others required
- Physical Requirements (standing, lifting, repetitive tasks)
- Exposure to extreme heat and extreme cold while in the plant.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
*Watson & Chalin is an equal opportunity employer.Primary Location:
725 E. University Drive McKinney 75069Job:
Purchasing - Materials - LogisticsOrganization:
Specialty Products GroupSchedule:
Day JobJob :
Jun 6, 2019, 9:08:08 AM
Material Requirements Planning