To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Birmingham, AL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is in need of a Data Engineer. This is a great opportunity to work with a company who has a noble reputation. The role is a permanent, direct hire position and the salary is competitive.
What will you like about our client?
- The work they do positively impacts lives on a daily basis
- They are growing which will provide their employees with opportunities for growth
- They work hard to create and maintain a great culture
What will you be doing?
- Develop, test and maintain data architectures to keep data accessible and ready for analysis.
- Installing Data warehousing solutions
- Data Modeling
- Data Developments
- Extraction Transformation and Load
The Data Architect will collaborate with a diverse team of analysts and end users to design and build data warehouse artifacts, such as reports and dashboards, using a SQL Server Data Warehouse and SSAS. The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems. They will perform both analyst and developer responsibilities as needed. To perform highly complex analysis and design across multiple database platforms and technologies. May need to instruct and guide those with less experience. To conduct research into new data warehouse applications and determine viability for adoption. To identify, describe and define BI problems and requirements from across the organization.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field and 10+ years of related experience required.
- Expert level SQL developer in multiple database environments (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Tuning SQL and identifying deficiencies via Explain Plans
- Ability to walk back data from target to source and identify transactional issues
- Experience with Tableau Desktop (2-3 years) creating rich user experiences
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools such as:
- Business Objects
- Individual will have a strong background in ETL administration and development (3-5 years) using one of the tools below:
- Individual will administer ETL and will be responsible for patches, installs, security, and general troubleshooting of ETL infrastructure
- Ability to build ETL workflows and migrate
- Ability to troubleshoot ETL workflows for data inconsistences and perform data lineage auditing
- Facilitate the teaching of ETL administration and workflow development to team members
- Experience with HDFS environments (Hadoop), Splunk, or Elastic Search a plus but not required
If you believe to be a good fit, please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178