Oversee staff of Financial Analysis Managers and Analysts in the financial analysis activities that support major segments of the Bank. Provide financial updates and reporting to senior management. Participate in the analysis and provide guidance on investment and project decisions for the segments. Primary Responsibilities:
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead bank-wide projects/programs and/or direct reports in all work activities.
- Possess ability to direct/persuade/influence across division and peers throughout the bank.
- Provide improved key financial analyses and management reporting by managing various reporting, planning, or processes, reviewing data, resolving problems, and presenting data to senior management.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Finance department goals.
- Direct the day-to-day operations and multiple projects while managing and performing detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing complex financial tools to demonstrate scenarios/activities. Build and maintain advanced forecasting models/tools; work in collaboration with business groups to provide insightful analysis.
- Develop clear, concise written summations of complex analytical work
- Leads innovative solutions and/or delivers the solutions in a fast-changing environment
- Responsible for accuracy and quality of work products of the team
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of finance and accounting concepts through the aggregation of financial data
- Display an expert-level understanding of M&T's (or applicable Business Unit within) financial statements; including awareness of key drivers/trends in major Balance Sheet and Income Statement line items.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
May have direct and/or indirect reportsEducation and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience OR Associate's degree and a minimum of 9 years' experience in accounting, auditing, operations or financial institutions
Minimum 2 years of leadership experience required
Broad and comprehensive understanding of theories and practices in finance and accounting within the commercial banking industry
Strong understanding of financial concepts/theory and how it relates to profitability reportingEducation and Experience Preferred:
Advanced degree or professional certification (i.e. CPA, CFA, etc.)